Have you ever felt depression? 9/10 answered positively while one person did not. What are the main effects that you felt while you suffer from it? Among the effects, there is sadness, lowliness, headaches, constant fatigue, loss of appetite, some even did want to suicide. How does it take to get out of depression? The average were about 1month and half despite the people who said never. What are the most efficient way to lute against depression? Some say watching a good movie help them get better, other prefer eating or traveling. Find a good friend who can help/support you to get out of this state, Watching old pictures and videos to remember all the good time that you spent in the past.
Many people affirm suffering from depression; however, what is the difference between depression and sadness. According to Healthline article “Sadness is a human emotion that most people feel at a certain times during their life; in fact, that feeling sad my cause emotional upset or pain. In addition, there is many degree of sadness but they all occur in a relative short temporary period. Unlike sadness, depression is a longer-term mental illness.” (Whelan, 2016). Depression is higher, longest level of sadness accompanied with without will of solving problems. Depression is a worldwide problem where “Globally, more than 300 million people of all ages suffer from it.”(World health organization, 2018).
According to the same source (WHO), depression affect more women than men and it also affect teenagers from 18 to 25. It perfectly match my research; in fact, that most people that I interviewed were among this group. Depression may lead to many consequences such as Sadness, constant fatigue; Headaches but the most dangerous consequence remain suicide. “Over 50 percent of all people who die by suicide suffer from major depression. If one includes alcoholics who are depressed, this figure rises to over 75 percent.”(American Foundation for Suicide prevention, nd). This fact show how much suicide and depression are related. Nonetheless, what are the main causes of depression? According to the Magazine very well mind, the most 9 common of depression are: “Genetics and Biology, Brain Chemistry Imbalance, Female Sex Hormones, Circadian Rhythm Disturbance( For instance, the depression caused by winter and its cold), Poor Nutrition, Physical Health Problems, Drugs, Stress, Grief and Loss (When losing a loving person)”( Schimelpfening, 2019).
Studies have found that depression is a regular illness that can be occur. According to helpguide article, the most effective ways to get out of depression start with “knowing as much as you can about the type of depression that affect you and that by visiting a psychiatrist or a doctor that is specified in the field. Then, take your time to take you right treatment. Get social support and change your life style. Changing your life style such as get healthier nutrition, sleep better; reduce the stress that you are fronting every day and finally workout.”(Saisan, 2019). Many of those arguments also did match with my research and the responses that my interviewees give. I think that now-days most people who suffer from depression are aware of it; and, if they have any wile to get out of it, they can easily find help. However, it might take time and patience to get of it. As said by Steven Wright “Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm. (Wright, nd).
While researching and interviewing my interviewees, I did learn a lot about the subject; such as the real definition of depression that say that is sadness but longer and in a higher grade, or that it affect mostly teenagers between 18 and 25 and the ways that people deal with it. To tell the truth, I did pass a period of depression and I know what it feel like to be depressed. However, it is treatable. In my case I did use most tips upward in the essay such as changing my life style, finding a person to help you and start work outing and it did work. So don’t give up and get out of your depression!
- Account Login. (n.d.). Retrieved April 23, 2019, from https://www.theovernight.org/?fuseaction=cms.page&id=1034
- Depression. (n.d.). Retrieved March 22, 2018, from https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/depression
- Goodall, J. (2009). Explore 100 Famous Scientist Quotes Pages. Retrieved from https://todayinsci.com/G/Goodall_Jane/GoodallJane-Quotations.htm
- Saisan, J. (2019, March 20). Depression Treatment. Retrieved from https://www.helpguide.org/articles/depression/depression-treatment.htm/
- Schimelpfening, N. (2019, April 22). There Are Many Factors That Could Increase Your Risk of Depression. Retrieved from https://www.verywellmind.com/common-causes-of-depression-1066772
- Whelan, C. (2016, November 14). Depression vs. Sadness: What’s the Difference? Retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/health/depression/depression-vs-sadness#symptoms
- Wright, S. (n.d.). A quote by Steven Wright. Retrieved from https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/101902-depression-is-merely-anger-without-enthusiasm