Only on Eduzaurus
Impressing Health Benefits of Salted Egg Nutrition
Need help with writing assignment?
Salted egg also known as a century egg, people splits cleanly into ‘enjoy it’ or ‘umm, no thanks’. Some of you might be love its lingering-salty sensation, or really do hate it for reasons. Salted egg is the product of preserving egg made by curing duck or chicken eggs in brine solution (mostly duck eggs because it have a better mouth feel), or packing each egg in damp salted clay. People might by dislike it from how salted egg produced, everything salted is, aged. Salted eggs made by letting the egg to be decomposed, brine solution help the eggs to be salty and it needs days to be salted enough. Salted eggs are normally boiled or steamed before being peeled and eaten. Nowadays salted egg used in almost every kind of dish, mostly for toping. Like pizza and seafood, or even pastry. What is the advantage of duck eggs other than chicken eggs? Duck eggs have more protein concentration than chicken eggs. So does the albumins (series protein), omega 3, and duck eggs alkalis nature. On the contrary, duck eggs do have higher fat, cholesterol, and calorie. Nutrition from eating salted egg Salted egg is a kind of salted food. It is salty and tasty at the same time. The salted egg sometimes served as granule. The salty and fatty like taste makes people love to use salted egg into any kind of dishes. You can sprinkle it on your favorite food such as pizza, seafood or mix it into your noodle dish. People commonly know that egg formed mostly by fat. However, don’t you know that this kind of salted egg also contains the other beneficial substances for health? According to World Population Food, a duck egg contains:
- 9 grams protein
- 9.6 grams of fat
- 472 international units of vitamin A
- 3.8 micrograms vitamin B-12
- 2.7 miligrams of iron
- 25.5 micrograms of selenium
- 619 milligrams cholesterol
- 165 mg potassium
- 397 mg sodium
- 1.08 grams carbohydrate Based on the fact that salted egg has a lot of calories and fat but also high protein in it, we should believe that it has many benefits for health. These are the health benefits of salted eggs:
- Cells regeneration As we know, Protein help to form new cells and regenerate damaged cells from the body. By consuming salted eggs, regeneration cells would increase optimally, so does the body metabolism.
- High protein contains Mostly eggs have a quiet high protein contains, so does the salted egg. There are 9 grams of protein which is good to build muscles, and body metabolism.
- Lowers blood pressure Salted egg contains important nutrient, it is said to lower blood pressure. Maintaining and improving a healthy blood pressure is important in order to prevent the risks of diseases such as stroke or heart attack as well as heart and kidney failure. Anemia prevention High iron contained in salted egg helps the body to prevent anemia symptoms. Generally like nausea, dizzy, headache, and easily tired feeling. Consuming salted egg for some reason may prevent these anemia symptoms.
- Improve vision Salted eggs might be solutions for eyes problem without having a laser eye surgery. Eventually moderate intake of century eggs over a span of time with eyes exercises every day might be improve eyes vision. Eating century eggs can be good for our eyesight because its nutrient contents especially the vitamin A or B help in terms of protecting eyes form dryness, prevent cataracts and also age-related eye diseases.
- Antioxidants Antioxidant known as a free radicals prevention. It is help body to stay healthy and more over to prevent cancer. Antioxidants usually obtained from tea, apples, and any fresh fruits. Accelerate Blood circulation Salted eggs have various minerals and nutrition, it is good to help blood body circulation and prevent blood vessels constriction.
- Brain growth Omega 3 in salted egg helps brains cells growth, it is also known to prevent brains cells problems. Strongly recommend for pregnant moms or child in their first 3 years. Selenium as an immune There are many health benefits of salted eggs. Selenium contained in salted egg is useful to maintain immune system. Prevent form cough and flu.
- Prevent bone problems Salted egg contains enough phosphorus and calcium to maintain and help bone growth. Furthermore, salted egg could be use as osteoporosis prevention. Calcium helps bone to growth especially for children and teenagers, so it is highly recommend for teens to consume salted egg as their growth program.
- Salted egg is good for skin Salted eggs contain enough vitamin E which is good for our skin health. Consuming vitamin E will increase the brightness and smoothness of the skin. Moreover, vitamin E contained in salted egg protects skin from various skin problems, such as, fungi, irritation, rough skin and else. Cautions in Eating Salted Egg Dr Kalpana Bhaskaran, manager of Nutrition Research unit Temasek Polytechnic, said that consuming salted egg would be, potentially increase cholesterol levels of the body, higher than it should be taken which is no more than 300 mg in a day. Therefore, salted eggs have 300-600 mg cholesterol per one egg, it is depends on how the production processes. In addition, the amount of sodium in a salted egg is quiet high either. It is suggested that salted egg consumption in each day have to be monitored. Limitation should be taken. Maximum sodium to be consumed each day is 2000 mg and salted egg have already fulfill 30% each day dosage of sodium. Salted egg usually used as toping or spices in cooking, it is likely there are more than 1 salted eggs used in 1 portion of food. So it does increase probability of cholesterol and sodium limitation. Both cases would lead into some undesirable condition, medical problems such as cancer, asthma, kidney damage, and so on. Therefore, salted egg should be consumed in limited amount at one time, especially if you have certain disease related to cholesterol and high blood pressure.
This essay has been submitted by a student. This is not an example of the work written by our professional essay writers. You can order our professional work here.